The City of San Antonio recently began a major project on Frio Street to improve pedestrian connectivity between Commerce Street and Cesar E. Chavez Boulevard. The $5 million project will add bike lanes, wider sidewalks, a safer crosswalk for students and other traffic signal improvements. Because the area is designated a cultural zone, there will also be additional streetscaping to promote foot traffic.
This project will affect the Downtown Campus community, as there will be a need to utilize alternate pedestrian and vehicle routes during the construction. Campus entry and exit points will also be affected by the construction. The following slides and brochure include some information provided by the city and depicts the pedestrian and vehicle transportation routes to use during the construction. As this city project progresses over the next year, UTSA Facilities will provide updates to the routes and post additional information received from the city. We will also disseminate this information through the university’s communication channels.
The city’s point of contact for this project is:
Fitzgeraldo G. Sanchez, P.E.
Transportation & Capital Improvements
P.O. Box 839966
San Antonio, TX 78283-3966
Office: 210-207-3334 | Fax: 210-296-3334
Estimated Completion: February 2018
Temporary Closure of Frio Street Entrance to Monterey Lot (16-21 August, 2017)
The City of San Antonio will be closing the Frio Street entrance to the Monterey Lot from August 16, 2017 until August 21, 2017 for work related to their Frio Street construction project. During this time, employees will need to enter the Monterey Lot via the new Buena Vista Street entrance. For additional information, please contact Richard Casiano Sr. at email@example.com or (210) 207-8218.
- Frio St Project Update: Houston St. and Frio St. Partially Closed June 1 2017
- Projected Construction Schedule: May 11, 2017 – June 5, 2017
- Change to Pedestrian Crosswalks at Buena Vista Street – Tuesday, May 9, 2017
- Pedestrian Routes and Crosswalk Changes – May 9, 2017
- Alternate Pedestrian Routes during Frio St. Construction
- Temporary ADA Vehicle Drop Off Locations and Campus Access Routes
- Temporary ADA Routes from Parking Lots to Campus
- Construction of Temporary Entrance to Monterey Lot to Begin on April 19th
- Temp Entrance Map – Monterrey Lot
- Frio Street Construction Update – April 10, 2017
- Frio Street Construction to Resume March 28, 2017
- Frio Street – UTSA Fence Map
- CoSA Frio St. Update – March 27, 2017
- CoSA Frio St. Project Update – March 2017
- Frio Street Construction Slides
- Frio Street Brochure
<a href=”http://www.freepik.com”>Designed by Graphiqastock / Freepik</a>