October 13, 2017 – Pedestrian and Shuttle Service Routes from VIA bus stops to DTC
VIA bus detours, scheduled to begin on October 15, 2017, have temporarily relocated several bus stops from the Downtown Campus to other locations nearby. Additionally, to assist our campus community in safely navigating these areas, the attached map provides suggested pedestrian routes to and from the temporary bus stops located at Milam Park and at the S. Santa Rosa and W. Nueva intersection to Downtown Campus.
Campus Services will offer temporary shuttle service between the Downtown Campus and nearby VIA alternate bus stops. This route will take approximately 15-20 minutes for pickup and arrival to campus. The shuttle will run Monday – Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please refer to the attached shuttle service map.
UTSA Police will provide additional patrols around these temporary bus stops and the campus during this time.
For more information regarding the VIA bus detours, please visit their website at http://www.viainfo.net/friostreetclosures/ or attend the Town Hall on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. in the Buena Vista Building, Aula Canaria (1.328).
October 11, 2017 – Downtown Campus – Temporary VIA Bus Detours
Road improvements along Frio Street will affect VIA service in and around Centro Plaza beginning October 15, 2017. VIA bus routes, 86926 and 86927, that stop at the UTSA Downtown Campus are expected to be rerouted for approximately two months. To assist with the temporary changes, VIA will install A-frame message boards at the bus stops directly outside of the UTSA Downtown Campus. To learn more about how these detours affect your bus commute to the Downtown Campus, please reference the attached VIA quick reference sheets or visit VIA online at http://www.viainfo.net/friostreetclosures/.
October 5, 2017 – S. Frio St. and W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. intersection closed beginning October 15, 2017
The City of San Antonio will close the intersection at S. Frio St. and W. César E. Chávez Blvd. beginning at 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 15, 2017. The closure is part of the city’s ongoing project to improve vehicle and pedestrian routes in the area and scheduled to last three weeks. The city will post message boards seven days prior to construction to inform the public. The attached map shows detour routes and the locations of posted signage. If you have questions about the project, please contact Richard Casiano, Capital Projects Officer, at 210-207-8218 or email@example.com.
- Temporary Closure of Frio Street Entrance to Monterey Lot (August 16-21, 2017)
- Frio St Project Update: Houston St. and Frio St. Partially Closed June 1 2017
- Projected Construction Schedule: May 11, 2017 – June 5, 2017
- Change to Pedestrian Crosswalks at Buena Vista Street – Tuesday, May 9, 2017
- Pedestrian Routes and Crosswalk Changes – May 9, 2017
- Alternate Pedestrian Routes during Frio St. Construction
- Temporary ADA Vehicle Drop Off Locations and Campus Access Routes
- Temporary ADA Routes from Parking Lots to Campus
- Construction of Temporary Entrance to Monterey Lot to Begin on April 19th
- Temp Entrance Map – Monterrey Lot
- Frio Street Construction Update – April 10, 2017
- Frio Street Construction to Resume March 28, 2017
- Frio Street – UTSA Fence Map
- CoSA Frio St. Update – March 27, 2017
- CoSA Frio St. Project Update – March 2017
- Frio Street Construction Slides
- Frio Street Brochure
<a href=”http://www.freepik.com”>Designed by Graphiqastock / Freepik</a>