August 28, 2018 – Frio Street Closures (Aug 28, 29, & 30 and Sep 4)
We received notification from the city that they need to perform work on Frio Street to repair a storm pipe. Please see the Frio Street closure information listed below.
1. Tuesday August 28 at 9 PM – Close the right northbound lane of Frio St. in front of UTSA from 100 feet before the crosswalk (H.A.W.K) to after the H.A.W.K. to repair the storm pipe.
2. Wednesday August 29 at 6 AM – Open the previous night lane closure with plates over the pavement. At 9 PM, same day, close the entire northbound lanes of Frio St. in front of UTSA from W. Cesar Chavez Blvd. to Buena Vista St. and detour traffic for a two-way traffic detour on the southbound Frio St. lanes.
3. Thursday August 30 at 6 AM – Open to traffic using either temporary traffic or/plate over work pavement area as described.
4. Tuesday September 4th at 9 PM – Close all northbound lanes of Frio St. in front of UTSA from W. Cesar Chavez Blvd. to Buena Vista St. and detour traffic to two-way traffic to replace pavement. Open lanes when work is complete.
August 15, 2018 – New Frio Street Crosswalk
The new crosswalk from the Frio Street Building to the Monterey Building is operational. The new crosswalk, part of the city’s ongoing improvements to Frio Street, contains a Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon, also known as High-Intensity Activated crossWalK (HAWK). The HAWK is an overhead flashing signal that is activated by a pedestrian and utilizes yellow and red lights to warn drivers when a pedestrian is crossing the roadway. The phasing operates in the following method:
Drivers can proceed through intersection without stopping until the beacon is activated by a pedestrian pushing a button.
Flashing Yellow Light
Warns drivers approaching the crosswalk of a pedestrian crossing.
Solid Yellow Light
Warns drivers to prepare to stop.
Solid Red Light
Drivers are to stop for pedestrians crossing.
Flashing Red Light
Drivers are to stop and may proceed through the intersection when it is clear of pedestrians.
Drivers can proceed through intersection without stopping until the beacon is activated by a pedestrian.
For personal safety, pedestrians crossing Frio Street should only cross the street at crosswalks. Additional Frio Street crosswalks are located at the corners of W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. and Buena Vista Street.
- May 7, 2018 – Update to April 30, 2018, Portion of S. Frio St. Closed May 6-7, 2018
- April 30, 2018 – Portion of S. Frio St. Closed May 6-7, 2018
- October 13, 2017 – Pedestrian and Shuttle Service Routes from VIA bus stops to DTC
- October 11, 2017 – Downtown Campus – Temporary VIA Bus Detours
- October 5, 2017 – S. Frio St. and W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. intersection closed beginning October 15, 2017
- Temporary Closure of Frio Street Entrance to Monterey Lot (August 16-21, 2017)
- Frio St Project Update: Houston St. and Frio St. Partially Closed June 1 2017
- Projected Construction Schedule: May 11, 2017 – June 5, 2017
- Change to Pedestrian Crosswalks at Buena Vista Street – Tuesday, May 9, 2017
- Pedestrian Routes and Crosswalk Changes – May 9, 2017
- Alternate Pedestrian Routes during Frio St. Construction
- Temporary ADA Vehicle Drop Off Locations and Campus Access Routes
- Temporary ADA Routes from Parking Lots to Campus
- Construction of Temporary Entrance to Monterey Lot to Begin on April 19th
- Temp Entrance Map – Monterrey Lot
- Frio Street Construction Update – April 10, 2017
- Frio Street Construction to Resume March 28, 2017
- Frio Street – UTSA Fence Map
- CoSA Frio St. Update – March 27, 2017
- CoSA Frio St. Project Update – March 2017
- Frio Street Construction Slides
- Frio Street Brochure
<a href=”http://www.freepik.com”>Designed by Graphiqastock / Freepik</a>